Friday, February 12, 2010

New Orleans-Paintings

These were good years. I was at Tulane on a scholarship and a teaching assistantship. I went there as a printmaking major but shifted to painting. I continued teaching the beginning printmaking classes in what was their fundamentals program. Entered a lot of shows and was accepted in most and won a few.


Portrait of C. Faust Oil on Canvas 48 x 60


Little Nude in a Sling Chair Oil on Canvas ca. 18 x 22

Hi George #3, Oil on Canvas 58 x 70 Purchased by the New Orleans Museum.

B. R. with "O" Oil on Canvas ca. 50 x 60

B. R. # something Oil on Canvas ca. 60 x 70

Another Woman Painting Oil on Canvas ca 60 x 48

Vibrator, Oil on canvas, 46 x 48

One of the Women Series Oil on Canvas 1963 18 x 20

Woman in Interior with Sling Chair Oil on Canvas ca. 60 x 70


Small Woman on a Bench Oil on Canvas ca 20 x 22

B.R. Reading Oil on Canvas ca. 48 x 60



So off to the Herron School of Art in Indianapolis. You often wonder how different things could have been if different choices were made or were available. I had teaching job possibilities at the University of Hawaii and at UNLV and neither one of these got funded. Aloha. There was another at the Memphis Academy of Art and I don't recall why that one didn't work. Eastern Kentucky didn't feel I was right for their program. The big disappointment was the Atlanta School of Art. What I wanted to do was go back there and teach but there were no openings at the time. I should have just gone to Atlanta anyway.





No comments:

Post a Comment